- Planning a sales and contact strategy to deliver results in line with growth targets. These plans will include the retention and development of existing business and aggressive activity to win new business.
- Pro-active prospecting and client networking, including face-to-face client meetings.
- Demonstrating products and services to clients to assist them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
- Liaison with Marketing and purchasing departments to identify profitable business opportunities.
- Attending sales and other internal meetings as required and contributing positively to those sessions.
- Participation in presentations and exhibitions as required.
- Maintaining an up-to-date diary and schedule detailing workloads and results of meetings in accordance with Company protocols.
- Supporting and actively promoting all Company marketing and sales initiatives.
- Providing accurate and timely Sales Forecasts for the account portfolio.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Proven recent successful sales experience within the food industry
- In-depth understanding of Supply Chain management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to structure and negotiate pricing deals, rebates and incentives.
- Commercial awareness.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding relationship skills.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to plan and prioritise personal workload.
- Team Player able to contribute constructively to multi-functional business challenges.
- A valid full UK driver’s licence
- Dynamic, energetic and enthusiastic individual.
- Strong drive and work ethic.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy and professionalism.
- Resourceful and flexible, with a ‘hands-on’ approach to work
This position covers accounts on a national basis; therefore, travelling will be an essential part of this role. On average a National Account Manager can expect to work away 2/3 nights every week (depending on location).
The National Account Manager’s role is home-based, however the successful candidate must have reasonable access to the Slough head office.
Apply for Job